So, the latest changes to be made by the AAT are to the Foundation Certificate level, which will also see changes to the Bookkeeping qualification as they are the same assessments.
Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN) and Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL) have both had the time allowed for the exam reduced from 2 hours to 1.5 hours. It has been confirmed that the content has not changed only the time allowed has changed.
Students are already asking if they will have enough time to complete the exam. Our advice to students who are currently studying these units and who will be ready to take the exam before the 25th October is book them in and take them if you feel ready before the new assessments go live.
If you don’t feel ready then practice, practice, practice. It is definitely achievable to complete the exams in the new allocated time however, you will need to ensure you have covered all your course materials and gained sufficient feedback to ensure you have the best chance of passing.
Over the next few weeks Premier Training will be working on our practice AAT foundation assessment material to ensure it is in line with the 1.5 hours allowed by the AAT.
Key dates to remember:
- 27 September 18 – New practice assessments for BTRN and BKCL will be available online and available to schedule and sit within Secure Assess.
- 24 October 18 – The last date BTRN and BKCL can be scheduled and sat under the current time allocation.
- 25 to 31 October 18 – No assessments for BTRN and BKCL can be scheduled during this time.
- 25 October – You can schedule assessments for sitting from the 1 November onwards.
- 1 November 18 – The new BTRN and BKCL assessments are available for sitting.
The next change to the Foundation Certificate level is to the Elements of Costing (ELCO) unit. The new assessment will see the number of tasks reducing from 15 tasks to 10 and the marks available will reduce from 140 to 100.
However, the content that will be examined has not changed. So the qualification specification content all remains examinable and therefore this should not impact on a students study. However, with the number of tasks reducing it will be extremely important that the students practice and revise all areas of the syllabus thoroughly.
Key dates to remember:
- 1 November 18 – New practice assessments for ELCO will be available online and available to schedule and sit within SecureAssess.
- 20 December 18 – This is the last date the current ELCO can be scheduled and sat.
- 21 December to 2 January 19 – No assessments can be taken during this period.
- 21 December 18 – You can schedule assessments for sitting from the 3 January 2019 onwards.
- 3 January 2019 – New ELCO assessments go live.