Sage Business Cloud Payroll Level 1 Certificate
This course has been designed for people who are new to payroll. It covers all the basic functions from setting up the company details, entering employee records and calculating gross pay to processing the first payroll and running all the reports required including payslips and end of period reports for HMRC payments.
Sage have developed this course to provide the most up-to-date skills required by employers, or for you to learn how to run the payroll system for your own business.
Learn how to:
- Set up the company details and create employee records
- Calculate gross pay and process the payroll run
- Set up pension schemes, non-statutory payments and deductions
- Learn about SSP
- Produce payslips and end-of-period payroll reports for HMRC
- Access to Sage Business Cloud Payroll software and course materials for six months – extensions are available for an extra fee.
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
All course materials and activities are provided online as a self-study course. The learning portal can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
The course usually requires four hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage Business Cloud Payroll Level 1 Certificate. After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Payroll Level 2 Course.