- General Information
- What information do we collect?
Your personal data
When we say your “personal data”, we mean any information that identifies any person, that you provide to us during your studies, or that is contained in any other information that you provide to us (or that you authorise a third party to give to us on your behalf).
Your “personal data” may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the Premier Training website and/or MyPTA. The financial data that you/us enter into SagePay, or that is provided to Premier Training from you/or other authorised cardholder, isn’t part of the “personal data” discussed here, unless it identifies a person – for more information about your financial data, jump ahead to the next section. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection legislation from time to time.
Information you provide – Your personal data includes the information you provide, or that you authorise someone else to provide, when you sign up as a student or sign up to receive our emails and offers, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your MyPTA, or whilst speaking to our course advisors about your current or future studies. This also includes personal data you provide on our enrolment documentation. It also includes information you upload to your MyPTA.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, contact number, postal address, date of birth and gender.
We do not collect or process special categories of personal data, as defined under GDPR. Also, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen or knowingly allow such persons to enrol at Premier Training. Premier Training does not direct qualifications at children under the age of sixteen. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age sixteen without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Information we collect – We collect information about your MyPTA and Premier Training website usage, this is to improve our service and to understand trends. Some of this data may be “personal data”, where it identifies a person. Here’s the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and times, and your study activity to ensure our services are available at the peak times in order to meet students requirements.
- We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications we may send you and ensure you receive updated valuable and necessary information when required. Such as updates of standards, changes in the curriculum or advertising. For example, we may send you the monthly newsletter with information about latest updates, our important information such as the examination windows, awarding body updates or special offers.
- For security reasons and to aid in monitoring patterns of usage, we log your IP address when you use the website. This is your computer’s individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our emails, including things like page visits, email clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, advertising, promotions, and to understand students requirements.
Information Others Provide to Us – We may receive information from others (e.g. awarding body) that you have authorised that third party to provide to us. This could include the initial information to enable us to enrol you on to your chosen course (e.g. your full name, your email address and your course requirement).
In addition to your personal data, we will also hold financial data that you/us enter into SagePay. Examples of your financial data include your card number, expiry date and security code. This data is securely stored and encrypted on SagePay and used for the purpose of paying for the course you signed on to.
You own all of the financial data you enter or upload into SagePay.
- What do we use the data for?
We will use your personal data to enable us to register you and provide you with access to your online learning platform MyPTA and to register you for a unique learner number on the Learning Records Service (LRS)
It will also enable us to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media or telephone where necessary concerning your studies; It will also enable us to provide you feedback from your tutors and any additional support you may require during your studies with Premier Training. We will ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate, consistent and current.
Data must be shared to obtain your ULN however this data will be shared and via an encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection
We also use your data as part of our quality control to help us to identify any areas of possible improvement.
Contacting you for Marketing Purposes – We may use your personal data to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone to let you know about our other courses and offers which may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing you with such notifications, please email email@example.com or click on the unsubscribe tab on the emails sent.
We may contact you if the specific arrangement we have in place with a third party which impacts you is changing and / or coming to an end and to let you know what will take place next.
We shall periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please login to your MyPTA or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Why do we use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for a variety of reasons. We need some data to enter into and perform our contract with you and provide you with access to your learning platform MyPTA and also to enable us to fulfil our role as your training provider – for example your contact details and other information requested during the enrolment process. If you fail to provide such data we will be unable to provide our service to you.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
- Ensuring that we support you and manage your account and learning platform;
- Understanding how our students use our materials and websites;
- Understanding and responding to customer feedback;
- Researching and analysing the courses or students desire;
- Improving our materials and gain a better understanding of how our students use it.
In some circumstances, we may process your personal data because it is required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with any third party that does not relate to your studies and your learning requirements.
We will share your personal data with third parties in certain circumstances:
- If your awarding body needs to contact you for any reason in relation to your studies or future studies. If your examination centre needs to discuss your examination or future examinations we will gain authorisation from the student then pass on the required information if approval is given;
- Your data will be shared with tutors and course advisors in order to allow Premier Training staff to support you through your learning journey.
We may also share your personal and financial data with third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal or financial data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of unlawful activities of Premier Training website users or relating to MyPTA users; or in order to enforce or apply any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit control procesures and credit risk reduction.
- Your information may be shared with your authority with third parties if this enhances your future prospects, career and further education.
- We also share your information with trust pilot to maximise the quality of the service we provide and to help us identify any areas of possible improvements.
- How long do we store your data for?
We only store your data for as long as necessary for the purposes of processing set out in this policy. When you cancel your account with Premier Training, your data will be deleted immediately, if you have not activated your account for 12 months (level 1 -3 qualifications) or 18 months (higher level qualifications) we will automatically delete your data.
If you are signed up to marketing communications, cancelling your Premier Training account will not cancel your marketing preference. If you would like to unsubscribe, please email email@example.com or click the unsubscribe tab on your email.
To ensure the security of systems and your data, we use various technologies to continually take secure, encrypted backups.
- You can request a copy of your stored data
You can request a copy of your stored personal data at anytime by contacting your course advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can delete your data at any time
You can request your data to be deleted at any time by contacting your course advisor or email email@example.com. After your data is deleted, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Generally, we will retain your personal data for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires.
- We don’t store your credit/debit card details
Under no circumstance are card details retained by Premier Training.
- What are your rights?
- Access to your personal data:You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal data and you may request a copy of your personal data by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to change or withdraw your consent:Where you have given us consent to make use of your personal data for any of the purposes outlined in this policy, you may withdraw that consent by contacting us. Your personal data will only be used to ensure you have full support throughout your studies and to aid you in the successful completion of your qualification.
- Right to Rectification:You may ask us to update out of date or inaccurate information we hold about you. To do so, please log on to your MyPTA account and update your information or email email@example.com or call your course advisor on 01469 515444.
- Right to Erasure:In certain circumstances you may ask us to erase your Personal Data. If you would like us to erase the personal data we hold about you, please contact us, specifying why you would like us to do so.
- Right to Data Portability:In certain circumstances you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Right to object:In certain circumstances you may object to our processing of your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing:You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- Make a complaint:You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
- Security and data storage
We take security and privacy seriously. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate, industry standard data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the MyPTA or Premier Training website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through MyPTA itself or the Premier Training website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- Getting in touch