This short AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting (AAT Access) accountancy qualification is designed to help you develop essential business and finance skills such as using mathematics for accounting, creating business documents and performing essential accounting procedures. After achieving the AAT Level 1 Access course you’ll have the option to progress and study Level 2 of the AAT Accounting Qualification.
Request a Course Brochure
Award Winning Provider
We are delighted to announce that Premier Training have been awarded “Distance Learning Provider 2016” at the AAT Training Providers awards.
Our Pass Promise to you
We will tutor you until you pass! Students are required to be actively & continuously studying. Please see our T&C’s.
Always There to Help
You will have access to an excellent support network of accountancy tutors, course advisors and admin team who are genuinely happy to help.
Click the sections below to expand them and learn more
The AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting (AAT Access) is a flexible home study accounting qualification launched in January 2011. Accredited under the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), it is designed to help less experienced adults and young students (16 – 19) gain the skills and confidence to build a career in business or accountancy. It will also help students who are not ready for the AAT Level 2 – this may be because they:
- Lack confidence
- Speak English as a second language
- Prefer more support or a stepped approach to grasp the accounting concepts
- Study AAT from home
The opportunity to develop business skills and grow in confidence will help them to move into the workplace or progress to the Level 2 AAT Accounting Qualification.
The AAT Level 1 Access qualification is made up of four skills and knowledge units:
Accounting in a professional environment
You will develop an understanding of how accounting works in a professional environment. By the end of this unit you will:
- Understand basic organisations
- The need to apply ethical and appropriate behaviour
- Understand that there is a legal framework
- Understand how efficient working practices contribute to achievement
Creating business documents
Learn how essential business documents are to anyone working in an accounting function. By the end of this unit you will:
- Know that there are different types of business documents
- Know why it is important to use the right communication
- Be able to produce routine business documents
Essential accounting procedures
Learn about keeping accurate financial records and putting systems in place to help do this. Understand and be familiar with the accounting terminology used in the business world. By the end of this unit you will:
- Understand basic accounting terminology
- Understand the use of business documents
- Prepare to record business transactions in the books of prime entry
- Understand types of coding and batch control
- Be able to prepare documents to process receipts and payments
- Be able to prepare a basic profit statement
Mathematics for accounting
Handling money and working with numbers. Using basic mathematical concepts accurately and with confidence. By the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Add and subtract whole numbers and numbers up to two decimal places
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and up to two decimal places
- Calculate the ratio or proportion of two numbers
- Calculate the percentage of one number in relation to another number
- Apply fractions to whole numbers
- Calculate the average of a range of numbers
Premier Training will provide each student with:
- AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting (AAT Access) student book, access to revision tools, guidance notes and study aids when you enrol
- Answers to the AAT Level 1 workbook activities
- AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting (AAT Access) online assignments and a mock exam marked by a tutor with comprehensive feedback
- Welcome pack with clear and concise step by step instructions to guide you through the course
- AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting (AAT Access) timetable to structure your whole course work for you that can be adjusted to suit your pace of study
- Personal tutor and course advisor
- Access to the Premier Training internet resource area
AAT Level 1 Access Assignments
Assignments for the course are completed online via the Premier Training website and marked promptly with comprehensive tutor feedback provided by email. This is to enable students to develop the skills required for AAT computer based assessments and for this you will need reliable internet access.
On your MyPTA you will be your log in details and instructions on how to access each individual online assessment.
Apply for your NUS card
AAT Level 1 Assessment and Examinations
At the end of the course you will be assessed to ensure that you can demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding required to meet the learning outcomes and objectives for each unit. Assessments will take the form of a formal computer based test (CBT) which you will sit at an external centre near your home.
How to book the CBT:
- Complete the practice exam to a good standard
- Make sure you feel confident and prepared to sit the exam
- Log into your MyAAT account (you will be provided with details on how to do this when you register with the AAT)
- Access the search facility ‘Find an assessment centre in the UK’
- Simply contact the exam centre and book your exam time and day
- At this point you will need to pay the exam fee to the centre
- The exam centre will confirm the time and day
In the unlikely event you fail your exam you will be able to try again on payment of another exam fee with the centre. Premier Training will continue to support you at no further cost for the duration of the course (1 year from the date of enrolling).
On completion you will be presented with a certificate from the AAT .
About the Tutor Support
- Qualified, efficient, patient and friendly tutors with teaching experience
- Instant and direct access to the tutors and course advisors via telephone and email Monday – Thursday 9am – 8pm and Friday 9am – 5pm (no queuing systems!)
- Course work assessed and returned promptly to keep you on the right track
- Personal course advisors many of whom are currently studying AAT courses and have hands on experience of managing studies with work and family commitments
- In house IT specialists to help students who are experiencing technical difficulties.
You will be allocated two personal tutors that will work as a team to guide you throughout the course. You will have a primary personal tutor who will be your first port of call and a co-tutor there as a back up if and when your primary tutor is not available or to help and keep the marking turnaround prompt.
Studying with us you will find the staff friendly and helpful with a great support network for students. You will receive constructive feedback and unlimited guidance and support during the course.
Our tutors are very accessible!
For example, when you call, if your tutor is not available for any reason you may speak with any of the other tutors. They are qualified, experienced, patient and effective communicators. You will build a good student/teacher relationship with the whole team.
You are also provided with a personal course advisor who is either part or fully AAT qualified so they are speaking from experience and can offer advice on how to manage your studies along with work, family and other commitments.
Tutors and course advisors are available open at the following times:
|9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 5pm
9am – 12pm
|AAT Access Level 1
Postage & Packaging (within the UK)
Postage & Packaging (overseas*)
The AAT Level 1 course fee and P&P can be paid by four equal monthly instalments at no extra charge and the first instalment will get you started immediately (UK students only).
Find another training provider that offers personal tutor support, an equal amount of tutor marked assignments and practice assessments with e-learning resources and we will match their price!
Additional fees to remember:
Please note that in order to achieve the AAT qualification you will need to join the AAT as a student member. The following items are not included in your course fees:
|AAT Registration fee:||£40|
|*The exam fee will vary depending on where you sit the exam, there will be an invigilation fee of approximately £30-£40 charged on top of the AAT exam fee.|
*Please note the overseas P&P of £49 is a estimate and we will confirm the final amount of P&P due when the delivery address has been confirmed.
You can enrol regardless of academic background, nationality, age, location, gender, religion or occupation; and with the determination to succeed you will gain a qualification which is internationally recognised.
There are several ways to enrol on the AAT Level 1 Access with Premier Training on your chosen course. Simply choose the way that is most convenient to you. Remember our late nights are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until 8.00pm. If you enrol Monday to Friday before 2.30pm you will receive all your course material the very next day (including Saturday!).
|By phone: simply telephone 01469 515444. The easiest and quickest way to enrol is over the phone using a credit/debit card. This will only take a few minutes and the course advisor will complete the enrolment form for you.|
|Online: To enrol online just click on the link below and the link will take you to where you can complete an online enrolment form and pay securely using a credit or debit card, via our secure server. Click here to enrol online|
|By post: Please fill in the course enrolment form which can be downloaded here: AAT ACCESS LEVEL 1 information pack and enrolment form and fax to 01469 572349 or post to:
Prince Henry Drive
DN40 1QY UNITED KINGDOM
You can pay by cheque, postal order or debit /credit card.
|By invoice: If fees are payable by a third party, e.g. an employer, please fill in the appropriate enrolment form and fax to 01469 572349 or post to:
Prince Henry Drive
DN40 1QY UNITED KINGDOM
Alternatively you can scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org Your course material will be dispatched straight away and an invoice will be sent for payment to the address advised. Please be sure to provide a purchase order number if required.
Should you have any queries about enrolling on your AAT Level 1 Access course, please do not hesitate to contact us first for advice.
Did you know it’s easier to enrol over the phone? The course advisor team will complete the enrolment quickly and efficiently. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions or request an alternative instalment plan. All you need to do is call: 01469 515444 and we can get you started straight away.
If your employer is paying for the course simply download and complete this enrolment form and ask your employer to sign section 3. The form can either be faxed to Premier Training on 01469 572349 or scanned and email to: email@example.com *Please note you do not need to complete your enrolment online if your employer is paying for the course.
If we receive the enrolment form Monday to Friday before 2.30pm you will receive your study books the very next day (including Saturdays!).