Why Choose Premier Training to study the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting:
Start your studies the same day
Instant access to tutor support
Award winning learning resources
Prompt marking turnaround – marked by a tutor (not a computer)
Pay by instalments (interest free)
24 hour online access
Telephone, email, Skype
What does my course fee include:
- Access to the MyPTA online learning platform including eBooks, pre-recorded video tutorials, quizzes and your online timetable
- Hard copy books and study manuals for each unit
- Tutor support – call or email for support and guidance
Is there a time limit on my course?
- You have up to 18 months’ access to the learning resources and tutor support but that can extended by an additional 12 months for just £60.
How long does this course take to complete?
- On average 8-9 months – but it can be completed far quicker depending on your study hours.
How many hours should I study each week?
- It’s completely flexible but on average our students dedicate 6-8 hours per week to their studies
How many assessments are there?
- Five for this level, which are not included in your course fee. These are sat at an AAT assessment centre near you and generally cost around £65-85 each.
Do I have to pay the full amount on enrolment?
- No. You can spread your course fee, postage and AAT fee across up to 12 interest-free instalments
When can I start?
- You can enrol and begin straightaway – there are no set dates for enrolment with AAT distance learning.
Do I need any previous accounting experience?
- No. The Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting is a great place to start if you have no previous accounting or bookkeeping qualifications or experience.
About the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world accounting/bookkeeping and computerised accounting knowledge you can put to use from day one. The AAT qualification is recognised and respected by employers providing students with excellent and secure career prospects for both employment and self-employment in the accountancy field.
You do not require any previous qualifications or work experience to begin this AAT level 2 training course and on completion of this qualification, you will be equipped to work in any area of finance and enjoy a varied and challenging role.
Do you already have work experience or qualifications? Take our free AAT Course Quiz
If you have work experience or qualifications within manual bookkeeping there may an option to claim exemption from the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting and start at AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
To see if you are exempt click here to access our online AAT course Initial Assessment quiz. The quiz has questions that are designed to help the tutor’s at Premier Training assess and advise which is the most suitable level for you to start at. If you wish to take the test, please complete then click submit. The initial assessment quiz is then automatically emailed to a Premier Training tutor for prompt marking and a Premier Training course advisor will contact you with your result.
“I have come back to studying 20 years after leaving school and the flexibility of distance learning is really working in with family life, especially the school holidays!”
“I’m very happy with the support on offer via Premier Training. With the resources provided and the feedback/guidance received I was able to earn my desired mark.”
“I particularly like the fact I can sit exams at the Premier Training offices and meet some of the staff at the same time. I am now well on the way to being a self-employed qualified bookkeeper!”
About the AAT Foundation Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting – Home study / Distance learning
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting covers a range of basic accounting skills and is ideal if you’re new to working in finance or you’re looking to expand and develop your knowledge and skills.
This aat online course qualification will prepare you for junior and entry-level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration, covering areas such as double-entry bookkeeping to basic costing and using accounting software.
What You Will Learn
|Bookkeeping Transactions |
|Bookkeeping Controls |
|Elements of Costing |
|Work Effectively in Finance |
|Using Accounting Software |
|Final Synoptic Assessment (FSYA)||This assessment is a computer-based assessment that is partially computer marked and partially human marked. The assessment will test your knowledge and understanding of the mandatory units and also embed the work effectively in finance unit. This will develop the professional skills and behaviours needed in the workplace. Students will be expected to show a good level of English and grammar in their written answers|
With Premier Training students have their own award-winning online personal Premier Training Account (MyPTA). Each student is provided with their personal login username and password upon enrolment and can start studying within an hour of enrolling!
Everything a student needs to study the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting is right at their fingertips such as:
- Experienced and qualified personal tutors with instant and direct access during opening times – you can contact your tutor as much and as often as you like for support and guidance.
- Personal course advisor for extra guidance and support with the administration aspect of your course.
- All the study manuals specifically covering the syllabus of the AAT qualification you’re studying (both online and hard copies delivered to your home)
- Workbooks for selected units with varied practice activities for revision and exam success
- Wise Guides to reinforce your learning and to help you prepare for the online assessment concentrating on the specific areas of difficulty (for selected units on AAT Foundation and Advanced only)
- Three online assignments and one practice assessment per unit, all promptly marked personally by our tutors with comprehensive tutor feedback provided via email within 2 working days
- Extra interactive online tests for each chapter of your study manuals
- Supplementary questions are written by the tutor if required for extra revision
- How to Guide with clear and concise step by step instructions to guide you through each step of the way throughout your course
- Personal timetable to structure your whole coursework for you keeping you motivated and on track so you simply follow the order of the dates
- Premflix – our very own on-demand tv channel dedicated to video tutorials and webinars by our tutors that can be watched as much as you like
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting – Study Materials
|Books – Study Manuals||Assignments|
|Bookkeeping Transactions and Controls (BTRN)
|Example online assignment: AAT Level 2 or 3 –
Which AAT level is best for you?
Sage Business Cloud Accounting
|My Premier Programme|
|E-learning Interactive Video Quiz
||Sage – Overview||Demonstration course|
Premier Training has received the following awards:
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Assignments
Assignments for the AAT courses are completed online via the Premier Training website and marked promptly with comprehensive tutor feedback. This is to enable students to develop the skills required for computer-based assessments and you will need reliable Internet access. You will receive a welcome pack that contains your login details and instructions on how to access each individual online assessment.
Introducing ‘Premflix’ which is an internet streaming, catch-up, media channel with an ever-expanding library of exclusive content for students. The service is accessible on a wide range of devices, including mobile phones, tablets, personal computers, and smart televisions.
Learning is broken into channels for each unit and level – there are less formal channels with quizzes in the style of catchphrases and countdown conundrums to mimic real TV programmes.
Videos are subtitled for accessibility for the inclusion of all learner needs; additionally, videos are presented in ways to meet different learning styles. Some videos require the learner to download help sheets and work along with the tutor on tasks making them an interactive experience.
Xero Advisor Certification
Premier Training has teamed up with Xero and is pleased to offer the Xero Advisor Certification Equivalency Course FREE OF CHARGE to anyone who enrols with Premier Training.
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software which connects people with the right numbers anytime, anywhere, on any device. For accountants and bookkeepers, Xero helps build a trusted relationship with small business clients through online collaboration. Xero has over 1.5 million subscribers worldwide who have transformed the way they do business.
This course will be an excellent addition to your CV and it is FREE so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
About Tutor Support
- All of our tutors are qualified in accounting with both vocational and extensive teaching experience.
- Tutors are efficient, patient and friendly and you can call as many times as you need to.
- You have instant and direct access to your personal tutor and course advisor via telephone and email.
- Assignments are marked by a tutor and not a computer and are returned promptly.
- We have personal course advisors, many of whom have completed or are currently studying AAT courses and who have hands-on experience of balancing studies with work and family commitments.
- We have in-house IT specialists to help students who are experiencing technical difficulties.
You will be allocated a personal AAT tutor who will guide you throughout the course.
We have a team of tutors who are here to help and if your personal tutor is not available they will be happy to help and keep the marking turnaround prompt. They are qualified, experienced, patient and effective communicators so you will find that you will build a good student/teacher relationship with them all.
When studying with us you will find the staff friendly and helpful with a great support network for students. You will receive constructive feedback, guidance and support. You will also receive a personal timetable to follow which structures your whole coursework for you which can be flexible to suit your pace of study.
Additionally, you are also provided with a personal course advisor who has great knowledge of the AAT qualified who can offer advice on how to manage your AAT course studies along with work, family and other commitments.
Our tutors are very accessible! The office is open at the following times:
Mondays 9am – 8pm
Tuesdays 9am – 8pm
Wednesdays 9am – 8pm
Thursdays 9am – 8pm
Fridays 9am – 5pm
Saturdays 9am – 12pm
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Assessments and Examinations
AAT will assess your knowledge and understanding of the skills you’ve developed through a series of computer Based Assessments (CBA). You can take the CBA’s as and when you are ready, as soon as you are fully prepared.
Computer-Based Assessment (CBA):
Computer based assessments (CBA) are online assessments that you will take at an AAT approved assessment centre and for most units, the Level 2 and 3 results are available within 24 hours. Some results are available within six weeks of the assessment date as they are marked by an AAT assessor.
|AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting||Was £829 Now £659|
|Postage & Packaging (Monday to Friday Delivery)||£17|
|Postage & Packaging (Saturday Delivery)||£25|
|Postage & Packaging Overseas||£49|
*Please note the overseas P&P of £49 is an estimate and we will confirm the final amount of P&P due when the delivery address has been confirmed.
The AAT course fee and P&P can be paid by monthly instalments at no extra charge and the first instalment will get you started immediately (UK students only).
|Additional fees to remember|
|Please note that in order to achieve the AAT qualification you will need to join the AAT as a student member. The following items are not included in your course fees:|
|AAT Admission Fee||£48.00|
|AAT Annual Subscription||£99.00|
|AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting||Fees vary between approximately £60-£85 per exam|
|*Exam fees vary depending on the exam centre.|
We are committed to offering excellent customer service and unbeatable value for money.
Find this course with another provider for less, we will match it!
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Enrolment
You can enrol regardless of academic background, nationality, age, location, gender, religion or occupation; and with the determination to succeed you will gain a qualification which is very recognised by employers.
There are several ways to enrol with Premier Training on your chosen AAT course. Simply choose the way that is most convenient for you. Remember we are open late evenings which are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, till 8.00pm. If you enrol Monday to Friday before 2.30pm you will receive all your course material the very next day (including Saturday!).
|By phone: Simply telephone 01469 515444. The easiest and quickest way to enrol is over the phone using a credit/debit card. This will only take a few minutes and the course advisor will complete the enrolment form for you.|
|Online: To enrol online just click on the link below and the link will take you to where you can complete an online enrolment form and pay securely using a credit or debit card, via our secure server. <Click here to enrol>|
|By invoice: If fees are payable by a third party, e.g. an employer, please click here to complete an online enrolment form |
Please note this does require both student and employer signatures and is a live document so both must be present when completing the form. It must be completed in one session as data will not save for continuation at another time.
Should you have any queries about enrolling on your chosen course, please do not hesitate to contact us first for advice.
Did you know it’s easier to enrol onto the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting over the phone? The course advisor team will complete the enrolment quickly and efficiently. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions or request an alternative instalment plan. All you need to do is call: 01469 515444 and we can get you started straight away.
If your employer is paying for the course simply download and complete this enrolment form and ask your employer to sign section 3. The form can either be faxed to Premier Training on 01469 572349 or scanned and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note you do not need to complete your enrolment online if your employer is paying for the course.
If we receive the enrolment form Monday to Friday before 2.30pm you will receive your study books the very next day (including Saturdays!).
As a part-time learner studying for a professional qualification, the NUS TOTUM PRO CARD is perfect for you. Apply for your membership and card today, and you’ll find stack loads of fantastic savings on everything from dining out and keeping fit to fashion retails and travel abroad.