- Pay by instalments (interest free)
- 24 hour online access
- Telephone, email, Skype, App
- Pass Promise
- Start your studies the same day
- Instant access to tutor support
- Award winning learning resources
- Prompt marking turnaround
Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
Accounting Technician Qualification (QCF)
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world accounting knowledge you can put to use from day one. The AAT qualification is recognised and respected by employers providing students with excellent and secure career prospects for both employment and self employment.
You do not require any previous qualifications or work experience to begin the AAT course and on completion you will be equipped to work in any area of finance and enjoy a varied and challenging role.
If you have work experience or qualifications within manual bookkeeping there may an option to claim exemption from the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting and start at AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
To see if you are exempt click here to access our online AAT course quiz. The quiz has questions that are designed to help the tutor’s at Premier Training assess and advise which is the most suitable level for you to start at. If you wish to take the test, please complete then click submit. The quiz is then automatically emailed to a Premier Training tutor for prompt marking and a Premier Training course advisor will contact you with your result.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Overview
- Qualification & Units
- Study Material
- Learning Overview
- Tutor Support
- Assessment and Examinations
- Course Fees
- How to Enrol
- Enrol Online
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting – Home study / Distance learning
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting covers a range of basic accounting from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting. It’s ideal if you’re new to working in finance or you’re looking to expand and develop your knowledge and skills.
Students will earn processes relevant to finance administrators, including double entry bookkeeping; accounting systems; purchases, sales and general ledgers. Please see below for more information:
What You Will Learn
Processing Bookkeeping Transactions
Computer based test
Control Accounts, Journals and the Banking System
Computer based test
Computer based test
Work Effectively in Accounting Finance
Workplace evidence or Computer based test
Workplace evidence or Computer Based Project
My Premier Training Account (MyPTA)
- Tutor and course advisor contact details
- Study books online
- Personal timetable
- Access to online assignments
- Revision tools, help guides and extra e-learning tests
- Updates and news
- Important information such as your AAT registration and student ID numbers
With this new resource students can fast track their AAT course effectively. Each student will be provided with their personal login username and password upon enrolment and can start studying within an hour of enrolling!
Premier Training will provide each student with:
- Experienced and qualified personal tutors with instant and direct access during opening times
- Personal course advisor for extra guidance and support
- All the study manuals specifically covering the syllabus of the AAT qualification (both online and delivered to your home)
- Workbooks for selected units with varied practice activities for revision and exam success
- Answers to the workbook activities
- Wise Guides to reinforce your learning and to help you prepare for the online assessment concentrating on the specific areas of difficulty (for selected units on AAT level 2 only)
- Three online assignments and one mock exam per unit promptly marked by the tutors and comprehensive tutor feedback provided
- Extra 20 interactive online tests per unit
- Supplementary questions written by the tutor if required
- You will also have your own MyPTA containing revision tools, guidance notes, study aids and audio presentations
- Sage 50 Accounts training cd accompanied with the Sage study workbook and the option to sit an online exam with Sage and gain Sage 50 Certification (for AAT level 2 only)
- Quick Step Guide with clear and concise step by step instructions to guide you through each step of the way through the course
- Personal timetable to structure your whole course work for you keeping you motivated and on track so you simply follow the order of the dates
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting – Study Materials
|E-learning||Sage Instant Accounts|
|E-learning Interactive Video Tutorial – Debits & Credits
||Sage Instant Accounts – Overview|
|My Premier Programme|
View on YouTube
Assignments for the AAT courses are completed online via the Premier Training website and marked promptly with comprehensive tutor feedback. This is to enable students to develop the skills required for computer based assessments and you will need reliable Internet access. You will receive a welcome pack that contains your log in details and instructions on how to access each individual online assessment.
*Apple Mac compatibility
Sage software is not compatible with Apple Macs, unless you are running Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 via Apple’s Boot Camp utility. You should be able to purchase the Apple Boot Camp Utility or similar software from the store where you purchased your computer / laptop. If in doubt please contact your local Apple store who will guide you through installation.
- All of our tutors are qualified in accounting with both vocational and extensive teaching experience.
- Tutors are efficient, patient and friendly and you can call as many times as you need.
- You have instant and direct access to your personal tutor and course advisor via telephone and email.
- Assignments are marked by a tutor and not a computer and are returned promptly to keep you on the right track.
- We have personal course advisors, many of whom have completed or are currently studying AAT courses and who have hands on experience of balancing studies with work and family commitments.
- We have in-house IT specialists to help students who are experiencing technical difficulties.
You will be allocated two personal tutors that will work as a team to guide you throughout the course. You will have a primary personal tutor who will be your first port of call and a co-tutor there as a back up if and when your primary tutor is not available or to help and keep the marking turnaround prompt.
Studying with us you will find the staff friendly and helpful with a great support network for students. You will receive constructive feedback, guidance and support. You will also receive a personal timetable to follow which structures your whole course work for you which can be flexible to suit your pace of study.
Our tutors are very accessible!
For example, when you call, if your tutor is not available for any reason we will put you through to another team member. They are qualified, experienced, patient and effective communicators so you will find that you will build a good student/teacher relationship with them all.
You are also provided with a personal course advisor who is either part or fully AAT qualified so they are speaking from experience and can offer advice on how to manage your AAT course studies along with work, family and other commitments.
The office is open at the following times:
|9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 5pm
AAT will assess your knowledge and understanding of the skills you’ve developed by a series of computer based assessments (CBA). You can take the CBA’s as and when you are ready, as soon as you are fully prepared.
Computer Based Assessment (CBA):
Computer based tests (CBT) are online assessment that you will take at an AAT approved assessment centre and for most units the Level 2 and 3 results are available as soon as you have completed the test and should be provided by the invigilator/exams officer. Level 4 results are available within six weeks of the assessment date.
There are two optional ways to complete units:
Recognition of prior learning (RPL), where we take into account your previous study. This is available for all units. Workplace evidence (WPE) is only accepted for a limited number of units where specified.
How to book your CBT:
- Complete the practice assessment to a good standard
- Make sure you feel confident and prepared to sit the exam
- You will have a personal online MyAAT account and access to an assessment centre search facility. Using your post code you will be provided with a list of centres nearest to your home
- Simply contact the assessment centre and book your assessment time and day
- At this point you will need to pay the assessment fee to the centre
- The assessment centre will confirm the time and day via post or email
- Turn up on the day, take and pass the assessment and receive your results the same day.
The booking procedure for a CBP works a little differently which is explained upon enrolment and your course advisor will assist you with this if required.
In the event you fail your assessment you will be able to pay and re-book the assessment three full working days after. Premier Training will continue to support you at no further cost.
|AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (including Sage 50 Accounts)||£699|
|Postage & Packaging (Monday to Friday Delivery)||£17|
|Postage & Packaging (Saturday Delivery)||£25|
|Postage & Packaging Overseas||£49|
*Please note the overseas P&P of £49 is a estimate and we will confirm the final amount of P&P due when the delivery address has been confirmed.
The AAT course fee and P&P can be paid by monthly instalments at no extra charge and the first instalment will get you started immediately (UK students only).
Find another training provider that offers personal tutor support, an equal amount of tutor marked assignments and practice assessments with e-learning resources and we will match their price!
|Additional fees to remember|
|Please note that in order to achieve the AAT qualification you will need to join the AAT as a student member. The following items are not included in your course fees:|
|AAT Admission Fee||£41.00|
|AAT Annual Subscription||£90.00|
|AAT Level 2 Certificate||Fees vary between approximately £60-£85 per exam|
|*Exam fees vary depending on the exam centre.|
For extra reading, AAT students are advised to purchase Frank Wood’s ‘Business Accounting’ Volume 1 (£43.99) and Volume 2 (£43.99). Both books can be purchased from Premier Training by telephoning the office on 01469 515444. Students should consult with Premier Training to ensure that they have the correct edition!
You can enrol regardless of academic background, nationality, age, location, gender, religion or occupation; and with the determination to succeed you will gain a qualification which is very recognised by employers.
There are several ways to enrol with Premier Training on your chosen AAT course. Simply choose the way that is most convenient to you. Remember our late nights are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, till 8.00pm. If you enrol Monday to Friday before 3pm you will receive all your course material the very next day (including Saturday!).
|By phone: Simply telephone 01469 515444. The easiest and quickest way to enrol is over the phone using a credit/debit card. This will only take a few minutes and the course advisor will complete the enrolment form for you.|
|Online: To enrol online just click on the link below and the link will take you to where you can complete an online enrolment form and pay securely using a credit or debit card, via our secure server. <Click here to enrol>|
|By post: Please fill in the course enrolment form which can be downloaded here: AAT Accounting Information Pack and Enrolment Form and fax to 01469 572349 or post to:
Prince Henry Drive
DN40 1QY UNITED KINGDOM
You can pay by cheque, postal order or debit / credit card.
|By invoice: If fees are payable by a third party, e.g. an employer, download this enrolment form and ask your employer to sign section 3 then fax to 01469 572349 or post to:
Prince Henry Drive
DN40 1QY UNITED KINGDOM
Alternatively you can scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Your course material will be dispatched straight away and an invoice will be sent for payment to the address advised. Please be sure to provide a purchase order number if required.
Should you have any queries about enrolling on your chosen course, please do not hesitate to contact us first for advice.
The AQ2013 standards Level 2 Certificate in Accounting is no longer available for enrolment as a new student. It has now changed to the Foundation Certificate in Accounting on the AQ2016 – follow this link to enrol. If you have any questions please contact one of our course advisors to discuss your options.
Did you know it’s easier to enrol over the phone? The course advisor team will complete the enrolment quickly and efficiently. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions or request an alternative instalment plan. All you need to do is call: 01469 515444 and we can get you started straight away.