Distance learning / Home study course – AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software
All businesses must keep a record of their income and expenses and the records should be as detailed as possible. For some, the idea of spreadsheets, general journal books and ledger sheets is a time-consuming and ineffective method of bookkeeping.
For businesses Sage Computerised Accounting is essential and therefore employers will search for suitable employees with both manual and computerised bookkeeping skills.
Current and potential clients/employers like to know that their financial professionals have been fully trained. When you earn complete this course you have demonstrated that you have expertise and skills in Sage Accounts.
- Small business owners needing control of their accounts
- Employers wanting to train existing employees in how to be competent using the Sage Software
- Freelance book-keepers and accountants looking to further their career
Always There to Help
You will have access to an excellent support network of accountancy tutors, course advisors and admin team who are genuinely happy to help.
Award Winning Provider
We are delighted to announce that Premier Training have been awarded “Distance Learning Provider 2017” at the AAT Training Providers awards.
The AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software is a short qualification with one unit. Developed as a stand-alone nationally recognised qualification, the AAT Foundation Award in Computerised Accounting is perfect for those who need to get to grips with computerised accounting software and enhance their current knowledge, allowing them to use such software in the work environment.
Enter accounting data at the beginning of an accounting period
- Set up general ledger accounts, entering opening balances where appropriate
- Set up customer accounts, entering opening balances where appropriate
- Set up supplier accounts, entering opening balances where appropriate
Record customer transactions
- Process sales invoices and credit notes, accounting for VAT
- Allocate monies received from customers in partial or full payment of invoices and balances
Record supplier transactions
- Process purchase invoices and credit notes, accounting for VAT
- Allocate monies paid to suppliers in full or partial settlement of invoices and balances
Record and reconcile bank and cash transactions
- Process receipts and payments for non-credit transactions
- Process recurring receipts and payments
- Process petty cash receipts and payments, accounting for VAT
- Perform a periodic bank reconciliation
Be able to use journals to enter accounting transactions
- Process journals for accounting transactions
- Use the journal to correct errors
Produce these routine reports for customers and suppliers:
- Day books
- Account activity
- Aged analysis
- Statements or remittance advice notes
Produce these routine reports from the general ledger:
- Trial balance
- Audit trail
- Account activity
Maintain the safety and security of data held in the computerised accounting system
- Make a copy of accounting data using the backup function of the accounting software
- Use a software password to protect accounting information
Assignments for the Level 2 AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software course are completed online via the Internet and full tutor feedback is provided by email. This is to enable students to develop the skills needed to complete computer-based examinations and for this, you will require a computer with Internet access. You will receive instructions in your quick start guide along with login details to access each individual online assignment.
AAT will assess your knowledge and understanding of the skills you’ve developed by a computer-based assessment. You can take the assessment as soon as you are fully prepared.
About Tutor Support
- All of our tutors are qualified in accounting with both vocational and extensive teaching experience.
- Tutors are efficient, patient and friendly and you can call as many times as you need to.
- You have instant and direct access to your personal tutor and course advisor via telephone and email.
- Assignments are marked by a tutor and not a computer and are returned promptly.
- We have personal course advisors, many of whom have completed or are currently studying AAT courses and who have hands-on experience of balancing studies with work and family commitments.
- We have in-house IT specialists to help students who are experiencing technical difficulties.
You will be allocated a personal AAT tutor who will guide you throughout the course.
We have a team of tutors who are here to help and if you personal tutor is not available they will be happy to help and keep the marking turnaround prompt. They are qualified, experienced, patient and effective communicators so you will find that you will build a good student/teacher relationship with them all.
When studying with us you will find the staff friendly and helpful with a great support network for students. You will receive constructive feedback, guidance and support. You will also receive a personal timetable to follow which structures your whole coursework for you which can be flexible to suit your pace of study.
You are also provided with a personal course advisor who has great knowledge of the AAT qualified who can offer advice on how to manage your AAT course studies along with work, family and other commitments.
Our tutors are very accessible! The office is open at the following times:
|9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 8pm
9am – 5pm
9am – 12pm
What you will receive
Premier Training will provide each student with all the course material specifically covering the syllabus of the Computerised accounting course:
- Experienced and qualified personal tutor with instant and direct access during opening times
- Personal course advisor for extra guidance and support
- Three online assignments and one mock exam promptly marked by the tutors and comprehensive tutor feedback provided
- You will also have your own MyPTA containing revision tools, guidance notes and study aids and we are currently working on interactive videos
- How to guide with clear and concise step by step instructions to guide you throughout your studies
- Personal timetable that structures your whole course work for you keeping you motivated and on track
- You will be training on the 180 day version of Sage 50 Accounts
- Sage workbook covering all aspects of Sage 50 Accounts
- My Premier Programme with videos, self-test exercises, Sage E-book
- Sage 50 Accounts training software
|Materials and tuition fee|
|AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software|
|Postage & packaging|
|Postage & Packaging (Monday to Friday Delivery)||£17|
|Postage & Packaging (Saturday Delivery)||£25|
|Additional fees to remember|
|AAT registration fee||£44|
|Assessment fee Please note this fee is a quote and will vary depending on the exam centre||£60-£85|
The course fee and P&P can be paid in four equal monthly instalments and the first instalment will get you started immediately (UK students only).
*Please note the overseas P&P of £49 is an estimate and we will confirm the final amount of P&P due when the delivery address has been confirmed.
You can enrol regardless of academic background, nationality, age, location, gender, religion or occupation; and with the determination to succeed you will gain a qualification which is internationally recognised.
There are several ways to enrol with Premier Training on your chosen course. Simply choose the way that is most convenient to you. Remember our late nights are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, till 8.00pm. If you enrol Monday to Friday before 3.00pm you will receive all your course material the very next day (including Saturday!).
|By phone: Simply telephone 01469 515444. The easiest and quickest way to enrol is over the phone using a credit/debit card. This will only take a few minutes and the course advisor will complete the enrolment form for you.|
|Online: To enrol online just click on the link below and the link will take you to an online enrolment form and pay securely using a credit or debit card, via our secure server.|
|By invoice: If fees are payable by a third party, e.g. an employer, please fill in this enrolment form and fax to 01469 572349 or post to:
Prince Henry Drive
DN40 1QY UNITED KINGDOM
Alternatively, you can scan and emailed your form to email@example.com Your course material will be dispatched straight away and an invoice will be sent for payment to the address advised. Please be sure to provide a purchase order number if required.
Should you have any queries about enrolling on your chosen course, please do not hesitate to contact us first for advice.
Did you know it’s easier to enrol over the phone? The course advisor team will complete the enrolment quickly and efficiently. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions or request an alternative instalment plan. All you need to do is call: 01469 515444 and we can get you started straight away.
If fees are payable by a third party, e.g. an employer, please fill in this enrolment form and fax to 01469 572349
AAT Advanced Certificate In Bookkeeping (Monday - Friday delivery £17 postage and packaging) Was £499 Now £474.05
Home Study Course
If you’re looking to take the next step in your bookkeeping career, our Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping will equip you with the advanced skills you need to widen your client base or become invaluable to your employer. Aimed at experienced bookkeepers, the course will cover areas such as double-entry bookkeeping, financial statements, intermediate spreadsheets, software use and professional ethics.
Please use this form to send us an enquiry about courses, distance learning / home study or additional information. We will respond as soon as possible.